Creative Regions, is a new CBRE report, showcasing the Top 25 Regional Creative locations in the UK [outside of London]. Our ranking is calculated through a weighted analysis of fifteen metrics covering employment, demographics, costs and real estate measures across 64 different urban areas in the UK, outside of London.
Key findings from the report reveal:
- Manchester tops the ranking as the leading UK regional creative talent market
- Reading punches well above its weight as a creative talent destination, given the size of its office market.
- Scotland features particularly well with Edinburgh and Glasgow in the top 5
- 11 of the top 25 creative talent locations are in the East and South East
- Fuelled by the addition of thousands of new jobs in the last three years, the Creative sector has steadily increased its share of UK office space take-up outside London from 9% in 2013 to 15% in 2015 and 2016
- Top 25 towns and cities identified in this report are best positioned to benefit from and to nurture future growth in the creative sector